Ohmygosh. This chicken salad is so freakin’ good.
- It’s healthy.
- It’s easy.
- It’s summer friendly.
- It’s adaptable.
- It’s possible to make-ahead.
- It’s filling.
- It’s delicious.
...It’s perfect! In fact, I just made it last week while we were uber busy packing for our big move coming up on Monday (the big reveal post coming soon). We've had tons and tons of packing to do…whomp whomp. I try to do at least 2 boxes a day during Caleb’s naps. We’re making good progress, but it means my little kitchen is basically all packed up. Perhaps you can in the photos how I was using a pot as a mixing bowl.
I could also see this as being a great picnic lunch as well with the summer weather - sounds lovely. I’d rather be doing that than packing. Speaking of summer, I love that you don’t have to turn on any heat source for this dish either. We sadly don't have A/C, so on hot summer days the last thing I want to do is turn on the oven.
To turn this into a meal, you can either make a sandwich like my husband, or a salad like me. For the salad, I drizzled salad dressing (I used this one - yum!) on some mixed greens and pile the chicken on top. Last time I made this I also made some pickled onions for our sandwiches. I piled those on with some lettuce and voila, a delicious sandwich.
Below is the recipe. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken, cubed*
- 1/2 apple, diced
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 7 oz plain Greek yogurt (about 1/2 cup)**
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (light is fine)
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
* I used a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, but you could make your own cooked chicken. It would be roughly a pound of chicken.
** I used Fage 2% plain yogurt
Adapted from Damn Delicious.