I'm writing about Easter a few days after. So sue me. But, at least you get to hear from me. Better late than never!
Anywoo, let's just dive into the details. My Easter was, well, it was great. Here's why:
1. Weather - It was a super fabulous weekend for weather in Seattle. Seriously, sunshine, and into the upper 60s. In fact, we may have even broke 70F. That's a great start. Especially when I think last year it was raining.
2. Church - My church, Mars Hill, is pretty cool. And I have to say, it pulls off a mighty celebration for Easter. Two years ago, we took up the entire Qwest stadium - that was awesome. This year, we had our Downtown church (btw, we're compromised of many churches) stream all the services live. You could watch anywhere, anytime. Like I said, pretty cool. Check out our Easter page chalk full of videos and photos.
3. Music - This sorta goes with #2, but we have the best bands at our church. Chad, the lead singer of Kings Kaleidoscope, is super talented. Listen to some of it, seriously. And look at him rock out. It's like a rock band at church. Cool.
4. Friends - Tricia, Torrey, and Kaia Maben invited us to their home to celebrate Easter this year. It was so nice to be with people on such a special day. They also had their parents and friends over, so it was a nice little crowd. We also got to enjoy Kaia, who is just about three, have a mini Easter egg hunt. It was super cute.
5. Sweets - What's a celebration without sweets? I made some special carrot cupcakes. I figured Easter...Bunnies...Carrots! I made these for the Easter brunch we had with the Maben family, but I took a few leftovers to work. I have to say, these were pretty darn tasty. In fact, I was told by a co-worker this was the best carrot cupcake she'd ever had. Now, that's a statement. Here's the recipe - Annie's Eats. I took the frosting recipes from my Joy the Baker cookbook, though.
6. Walk - On Easter afternoon, Josh and I took a walk (remember #1, good weather). This walk is probably my favorite in Seattle. It's sort of funny since we tend to go on this walk at time every year. I love looking out at the Sound, and then seeing Mount Rainier in the distance. Too beautiful. I just love Seattle.
Happy Easter! Ours we great, hope yours was too!